Thursday, August 20, 2009

The first morning of school

Today is the first day of school. Bug was so excited last night he wanted to go to bed at 6:30 last night. Sadly, I made him stay up until 8 or so. LOL We'll see how he feels when he gets HOME from school. :) This is the first year both Keith and I were able to take him to school. It was fun to be able to do it as a family. Sappy, I know. :) Here he is in the first day of school outfit. We have been preparing for over a month so we didn't have to buy everything at once. So it was funny when I pulled out his school clothes to have him choose what he wanted to wear today. I hid his school clothes after we bought them so he wouldn't be tempted to wear them before school started and so when I pulled them out he was in awe. He thought his new school clothes were so cool. Then he was mad cause he couldn't choose what to wear. LOL Wish I had that problem LOL This year he is and early bird which means he has to be in his seat by 8 a.m. He gats out of school at 2:15 so he'll be home by 2:30 each day, except Monday which is early day. Then he'll be out at 1:15





This is Bug's new 3rd grade teacher, Miss Shumway. This is her third year teaching and she is AWESOME!! I have a feeling Bug will do well in her class. My how time flies. I can't believe he's old enough to go into the 3rd grade. :)



3 comments:

Dave and Sherri said...

YEA!!! I love 3rd grade - cursive, multiplication... oh the fun!

Ty Lyman said...

I'm so glad to be able to read a blog finally. Bug has changed so much in just a year. I'm so happy he got Mrs Shumway. You didn't say if he was an early bird or later gater. They're trying to get that program here but for only Kindergarten and 1st grade. I'm so glad that you guys were both able to take him. That must have been a fun event to do as a family. How did Adam do without his big brother home all day :)

karijean said...

Kalli had Miss Shumway and loved her! I think she is wonderful teacher! How fun!